Wednesday, November 28, 2012

it has always been you and me kid

you were a call girl first responder
kicking down my door
I thought you were here to set the fire
not put it out

you did
we did
they did
everyone cheered like at a wedding
a politician made a speech
and kissed all the babies

I heard the girls say they were looking for handsome
while I had a heart attack in the bathroom
lost my last twenty dollars
I'm glad I called

staggering home from death
the blue motel rooms
magic stars, consciousness
lost to the strange
the vision
curled up

lopped off and wriggling
the creature feels once again
my pain
my redemption bought at Kmart
30 dollar bag of love
the universe is cut in two
laying in my arms

on the wing
my nostrils infinite
I believe
laughing dog
invisible revolver
drive me crazy
into the earth's eye
between truth and being

creeping soul
don't remind me
let me sleep inhuman
dusk on stoops
I rise with the beasts of dance
and sing my song of freedom
anger, beware
slowly sanctified
black sun ecstacty
grieving death
mother's ghost
no more speaking

bell tolls
cafe tables
spilled milk
reborn in sunshine
it never comes
city hall with its broken doors
overthrow the man
against the wall
vomiting tail
3rd street slide
instant coffee
little cigars
and letters from home
10 more days in this universe

scratch my balls
red coat girl
imagined radio
psychic dust
skeletons reading lips
searching for their chicken soup
another plastic jesus
straight from /chicago
long hair three days beard
an image scrawled in the back of the mouth
take me home

ignorant patterns on the Denny's menu
the smell of perfume in my room
I forgot my name, all over them
politician tongue
disgused as a pelican
we shoot our guns out in the street
today we think large thoughts

she was dreaming of the lottery
prophesy, glad tidings
town square flies
hot dog stands and my mouth
me face in your dreams
perfect circles
flop house blues
imperfect combustion
a little more choke
piss on my hands

eternity takes the bus
three blocks to the library
looks up the book on Bobby Hull
high sounds on your tape recorder
the blonde reminds me of her
a gracious bunch of murdering thugs
neglected by their mothers
the cosmic eye spreads

No comments:

Post a Comment