Friday, January 18, 2013

fading like the wicker

I am rejecting everything
tossing handfuls out the windows
they have sewn me up
with old stitches
I am dissolving
fading like the wicker
into the other me

you have never met me before
although you think you know me well
I have stepped out of the supposed to be
into the empty and artificial
they remind me of your touch
your words that melt like wax
burning like a butler
stumbling down the street
twenty dollars at a time

you wake up in your mailbox
thinking the truth is a hoax
the way you worked me with your promises
down trusted avenues
with broken glass
broken dreams
counterfeit is my broken lip
my hands caked from hardship
to slice with a new betrayal

Willie is sawing the legs off the old dog
the bank forecloses on your love
you missed your payments
and now you are straining your god
through an old newspapar
close the door
turn out the lights
whimsical laugh
the night they drove old dixie

I sold your revolution
in the streets of Dubuque
telling the soldiers to take up arms
prepare the way
make wide the road
lay down the palms
sing sweet songs
tonight we sleep in a hollow tree

another process to be a part of
another way to see the world
to walk in the vision
combining the easy and the hard
as you spin the wheel
wondering where you left your hope


No comments:

Post a Comment