Thursday, December 5, 2013


All I do is sit alone in my house and feel really bad and pray. Who I’m praying to, I don’t know. I just pray. Maybe I’m praying to myself or to the universe or to some great big nothing. It just gets my mind off the pain and loneliness of my existence. I know, it all sounds a little pathetic, and maybe I’m just being a big pussy about this, but, damn-it I am a human being and I hurt just like everyone else. A side effect of the loneliness is that I get drunk and call everyone I know. I’m slobbering drunk and call up all my friends from high school. Most of my friends moved away a long time ago when the meat pack closed and the tractor factory started laying people off. Those were some hard times back then. This old town was fast becoming a ghost town back then. Of course things have changed since then, they always do, and the economy is a rollercoaster that goes up and down and up and down, over and over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment