Monday, September 10, 2012

Mexico City

a furnished solitude
with square hipsters
you spoke of god
everthing swings together,

vortex, live vegatable
building your father's wilderness
in this city
under blue bluffs

I see the river
and it sees me,
entwined through our veins
and tributaries

deceive me again,
asphalt horse highway
a handful of white cross
tender throat boogie

crawl out your window
and taste the snake
your first peacock
in a booth in a cowboy tavern

knee bone flesh
sutured back
tomato silence
she flows

in and out of my dreams
like Mexico city
a step backwards and a step forward
infinite

a police bomb in the streets
barking tavern owners
come here and drink
come here and feel

once in a lifetime
mad mescaline children
chicken tacos
fish tacos

I had definite ideas
about politics,
Leon Redbone,
and the end of the world



No comments:

Post a Comment