Friday, September 21, 2012

the day god told me find love or die

sunken years under
a few years of ruin
exhauasted before heaven
close to the crowd
dim sulfur mountain
five years of blue gods
the buildings of heaven
divine adoration
inherited pilgrim blessings
I carried the burden of your solitude
as far as I could

constructed thoughts
a bright new sky
the anguish of life
the terror of love
living in the hills
to the center of trembling
this low dog barking at the moon

clear boned women
skilled in the arts
ashes and furniture, scattered chicken bones
sketched open breasts
sky upward like the young
you spoke of the potentiality of miracles
your sister walking through the door

sprung crows
nestled feet and beaks
cawing to the picture in their head
I followed them to the thrid floor
falling away behind them
I had too many questions for them all
looking to see what it looks like
all day cold and either one would work
only the devil can tell

she waved at me, yielding me her heart
one face, one world, one reason to exist
essensce of the bold lie
the taste of freedom still on her lips
erotic lips
oh her experience was so true
there was a freedom in her eyes
that could not be reproduced
on a factory line

 this was not an sos
not a cry for help
but a cry for revolution
take up the weapons of the weak
and resist your oppressors
throw down the chains of your bondage
be free to be yourself
to live the life that you were meant to live

there is a hope
within the midst of the darkness
I took out my pocket knife
and carved your intitals into the tree




No comments:

Post a Comment